LA MANO FILM FEST: CALL FOR ENTRIES
CALL FOR ENTERING THE SHORT AND FEATURE FILM SECTIONS OF LA MANO FILM FESTIVAL
The organization of La Mano Film Festival introduces the call to be part of the official sectionsof short and feature films in its third edition.
1. Works must be sent to the festival on the distribution platforms said by the organization. In case the participant suggests another way of reception, the participant must get in contact with the organization. Reception of short or feature films in physical format (DVD, Blu-Ray) is not accepted, only digital work can be part of it.
2. This is an international festival, so the call is open to movies from all over the world. During the selection period, works can be in any languages but, all non-Spanish films must have English or Spanish subtitles.
3. The organization is in charge of the selection of the movies, and the responsible people for the selected ones will be contacted by the organization.
4. The registration deadline for shorts and feature films is September 15th. The organization has the right to extend the deadline if it is needed.
5. Selected works will be shown at Centro de Arte de Alcobendas during La Mano Film Festival dates.
1. La Mano Fest is a competitive festival and it is dedicated to fantasy, sci-fi and horror cinema.
2. There are two competitive sections:
a. Official short movies section
b. Official feature Films section
3. All Works related to the subject of fantasy, sci-fi or horror can take part. Every section will have an economic prize and the winner will be elected by a jury made of genre specialists. The decision of the jury will be unappealable and, it will also have the right to give a special mention to any work from each category if it is considered necessary.
FEATURE FILMS: All Works that have been produced since 2013 with a running time of more than 60 minutes can take part.
SHORTS: All Works that have been produced since 2014 and with a running time of less than 20 minutes can take part.
4. Producing and distributing companies from the selected Works will receive an entry form. Those responsible for the films will have to fill it 30 days before the beginning of the festival. In case the festival has to share the exhibition copy of the movie with other festivals it must be said, specifying availability of the copy within the dates of our festival.
5. Those responsible for the movies selected must give commercial material to the festival: pics, posters, press dossier… in order to promote the works on the mass-media. The festival reserves its right not to give this material back. All films selected for the Festival grant La Mano Fest the rights to upload a clip/trailer up to 2 minutes in length online for promotional purposes.
6. In case of being selected, the organization will contact the distributing or producing company for the reception of the film that will be shown during the festival. Copies must be BluRay, DCP or HD digital formats. The festival won’t accept copies which don’t have the minimum conditions for the showing.
7. Shipping will be paid by the festival agreeing a maximum amount between the distributing company and the organization. In case the copy has to be sent to another festival, the other festival will pay for the shipping from us to them.
8. The organization will decide the dates and time of the showing of the different movies. None of the films will be shown more than twice, including a press show, without the permission of the owner.
9. The author or right owner will keep their intellectual property rights and it will be within their competence that the works sent are not under any kind of legal responsibility or others’ rights.
10. The organization reserves the right to modify the prizes. Any change or modification of the amounts, due to the economic situation, will be published on the festival website and directly communicated to the participants.
11. Selected works must be in power of the organization 15 days before the beginning of the festival.
12. Entering means the acceptance of the rules. Any doubt not foreseen will be solved by the festival organization.
La Mano, Horror and Fantastic Film Festival