LA MANO FILM FESTIVAL LATEST NEWS
Horror Rises from Spain favourite film festival is here again!!! They are working in this year edition and one of the things they have just done is publishing 2014 call for entries. Bellow you have all the information. Also you can know more about this festival on their website (http://www.lamanofest.com/) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LaManoFest)
2014 CALL FOR ENTRIES
Please read the following submission requirements carefully.
CALL FOR ENTERING THE SHORT AND FEATURE FILM SECTIONS
OF LA MANO FILM FESTIVAL
The organization of La Mano Film Festival introduces the call to be part of the official sections
of short and feature films in its second edition.
1. Works must be sent to the festival on the distribution platforms said by the organization:
Uptofest, Movibeta, Festhome, ClickforFestivals… In case the participant suggests another way of
reception, the participant must get in contact with the organization. Reception of short or
feature films in physical format (DVD, Blu-Ray) is not accepted, only digital work can be
part of it.
2. This is an international festival, so the call is open to movies from all over the world.
During the selection period, works can be in any languages but, all non-Spanish films
must have English or Spanish subtitles.
3. The organization is in charge of the selection of the movies, and the responsible people
for the selected ones will be contacted by the organization.
4. The registration deadline for shorts and feature films is September 1st. The organization
has the right to extend the deadline if it is needed.
5. Selected works will be shown at Centro de Arte de Alcobendas during La Mano Film
1. La Mano, Festival Internacional de Cine Fantástico y de Terror de Alcobendas y San
Sebastián de los Reyes is a competitive festival and it is dedicated to fantasy, sci-fi and
2.There are two competitive sections:
a.Official short movies section
b.Official feature Films section
3. All Works related to the subject of fantasy, sci-fi or horror can take part.
Every section will have an economic prize and the winner will be elected by a jury made
of genre specialists. The decision of the jury will be unappealable and, it will also have the
right to give a special mention to any work from each category if it is considered necessary.
FEATURE FILMS: All Works that have been produced since 2012 with a running time
of more than 60 minutes can take part.
SHORTS: All Works that have been produced since 2013 and with a running time of less
than 20 minutes can take part.
4. Producing and distributing companies from the selected Works will receive an entry
form. Those responsible for the films will have to fill it 30 days before the beginning of the
festival. In case the festival has to share the exhibition copy of the movie with other festivals
it must be said, specifying availability of the copy within the dates of our festival.
5. Those responsible for the movies selected must give commercial material to the festival:
pics, posters, press dossier… in order to promote the works on the mass-media. The
festival reserves its right not to give this material back. All films selected for the Festival
grant Lamanofest the rights to upload a clip/trailer up to 2 minutes in length online for
6. In case of being selected, the organization will contact the distributing or producing
company for the reception of the film that will be shown during the festival. Copies must
be BluRay, DCP or HD digital formats. The festival won’t accept copies which don’t have
the minimum conditions for the showing.
7. Shipping will be paid by the festival agreeing a maximum amount between the distributing
company and the organization. In case the copy has to be sent to another festival, the
other festival will pay for the shipping from us to them.
8. The organization will decide the dates and time of the showing of the different movies.
None of the films will be shown more than twice, including a press show, without the
permission of the owner.
9. The author or right owner will keep their intellectual property rights and it will be
within their competence that the works sent are not under any kind of legal responsibility
or others’ rights.
10. The organization reserves the right to modify the prizes. Any change or modification
of the amounts, due to the economic situation, will be published on the festival website
and directly communicated to the participants.
11. Selected works must be in power of the organization 15 days before the beginning of
12. Entering means the acceptance of the rules. Any doubt not foreseen will be solved by
the festival organization.
La Mano, Festival de Cine Fantástico y de Terror
Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here.